|Personal Details||Born 1974, married, 3 children|
1997- 2001 PhD in Contract Law - University of Bristol
1996-1997 LLM in Commercial Law - University of Aberdeen
1992-1996 BA in Law (LLB) - University of Jordan
|Qualifications and Past Experience||
1999: Tutor of Contract Law at Bristol University
2004: Admitted to the Jordanian Bar
2008-2010: Dean of Faculty of Law at Yarmouk University
2008: Associate Professor at Qatar University
2001-2011: Professor of Contract Law at Yarmouk University
2001-2003: adjunct of business law at the New York Institute of Technology
|Current Occupation||Dean of the Faculty of Law at the British University in Dubai; UAE Construction Law expert; accredited trainer in construction law and dispute resolution.|
|Expertise||Construction Law & Dispute Resolution in UAE & the Middle East; Real Estate law; Employment law; Professional Liability.|
|Current Matters||legal expert witness in construction law disputes, training Dubai lawyers on Ethics & Civil Law; leading a research project on post-completion liability.|
Masadeh, A. (2014) “Vicarious Performance and Privity in Construction under the law of United Arab Emirates” International Construction Law Review (ICLR), Volume 31, issue 1, p.108.
Masadeh, A. (2013) “The court’s supportive role in Arbitration under the law of United Arab Emirates” International Journal of Humanities and Management Sciences (IJHMS) Volume 1, Issue 1, pp.129-131.
• The British University in Dubai: the MSc courses of Introduction to Law;
Arbitration and Dispute Resolution; Construction Law 1 & 2.
• Bristol University: Contract Law.
• Middlesex University: Contract Law.
• Saint Joseph University (Dubai Branch): Contract law; Property Law under Common Law and legal obligations.
• Yarmouk University:
- LLB: Sources of Obligations (Contract law, tort law & Unjust Enrichment); Evidence Law; Procedural Law; Property law; Principles of Commercial Law; Commercial Papers and Banking Transactions; Labour Law; English Terminology, Introduction to Law; Private International Law; nominate contracts; Insurance Contract; Execution Law.
- LLM: Advanced Civil Law; International Commercial Contracts (In English).
- MA of Health Care Management (A Joint Program with the Royal College of Dublin): Ethical and Legal Aspects of Health Care Management (In English).
• New York Institute of Technology (NYIT): Business Law I & Business Law II.
• Qatar University: Intellectual Property and Commercial Law.
|My ICLA-Philosophy||Creating an international community of academics and professionals of construction law. This will help exchanging views of how international standard contracts operate under the local laws of the several schools of law.|